Tuesday 5 March 2013

Ancillary texts - fonts I will use


In order to find some appealing fonts that are standard of the heavy metal genre, I searched the website cooltext.com, as it provides hundreds of unique fonts that are unavailable on highly used word processing software e.g. Microsoft Word.

Font name: Facelift
I chose this font due to its disjointed nature, with the letters differing in size and alternating between upper/lower case. This will be used for my album title.









Font name: Megadeth
I chose this font as it is very similar to the font of the logo for the thrash metal band Megadeth. This is therefore inevitably a very suitable font for this genre. It will be used for my band logo



Font name: ?
I chose this font because like the font Facelift, it is disjointed, but has more of a 'horror' appearance. This will therefore be used for my tracklisting.




Font name: Squealer
I decided that an additional font for the magazine advertisement would work well. This has an ancient looking appearance, but at the same time is appealing. This helps to positively promote the album as a timeless one, as well as the fictional positive reviews included.

No comments:

Post a Comment